Someone Asks:
Throughout my English courses, I have seen a correlation of the mistakes I often insert into my pieces of writings. For example, I tend to put adverbs, adjectives, etc. in the wrong areas. I have "awkward" sentences. I have "tense shifts". I have sentence fragments.

Could anyone please define those phrases/words and tell me how to improve them?

And could anyone please tell me how to generally write better? Apparently to a friend who has a Canadian GPA of 9.6, my writing skillz is equivalent of that to a 12th grader C: I'm sort of pleased by that since I'm in gr 9...

However I still feel like I'm lacking in my writing skills :/ some people write so...so... GOOD!

please tell me tips on how to be a better writer, and define those definitions and tell me how I can improve upon them C:
My Answer:

First off, be professional and don't spell skills, skillz.
I'm also a 9th grader (going into 10th) and the best advice I can give you is to read. Read classics, read the books from the genres you plan to write about, just read. As you read, you'll get a feel for how things are supposed to sound so while you write, you can say, "Hey, this doesn't sound right." and fix it. Also as you read, you'll begin to be influenced by different styles so that when you begin to write, you will have your own "style".
That's how I did it.

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 interesting comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Copyright 2010 Le Dernier Mot