Easiest way to become a writer and get published?

Someone asks:
What is the easiest way to become a writer and get published? As in what type of college courses should i take, books that are useful, and how to try and get my book published, ( btw i write fictional love books kinda like Nicholas Sparks style)
My Answer:
Hmm...as far as I know, you write an awesome book, revise that book like crazy (remember to write something you like), write an awesome query, submit it to the right, awesome agents and hopefully an agent can get it into those big publishing houses, and the rest goes from there.

But that's a general idea. Writing a book is no easy task. Are you sure you are doing it for the right reasons? If you're thinking about college courses, English and Literature would be good ones. I don't bother buying books that tell me how to write (I'll write how I like, thank you very much) though you may want to check out Writer's Digest. If you want in-detail information on how the publishing process works, a wonderful website to check out is www.nathanbransford.com
You may also want to subscribe to magazines such as Publisher's Weekly.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 interesting comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Copyright 2010 Le Dernier Mot