Someone asks:
Even in teen books I've seen words I've never seen/heard of before. Is it possible to over use the thesaurus?
My Answer:

Yes, Stephenie Meyer seems particularly fond of it. *cough* irrevocably *cough, cough*
I use the thesaurus when I've repeated a word too much or if there's a word that's on the tip of my tongue, but I don't quite remember it, so I consult the dictionary/thesuarus to help me figure it out.
But you know, there might just be an author who was a wide range of high vocabulary that they use in daily life - sometimes I say big words in normal conversation and my friends get confused.
Remember, the simplest writing is the best! :D

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 interesting comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Copyright 2010 Le Dernier Mot