How Can I Write An Interesting Book?

Someone asks:
I am a young writer. I write books but end up giving up with finishing the story because I never think that they are very interesting or grb the reader's attention. I can't get good ideas, and all of it is just hard.
So, can you please give me some tips on how to write a really good chapter book, how to grab the reader's attention, and things like that?
Thanks :)
My Answer:

What I do is constantly question myself:
Do I like what I'm writing? If I were somebody else, would I like where this is going? That sort of thing. If you're writing something you yourself don't want to read, then maybe you should stop writing it. But the best way to avoid that is to continue to question yourself as if you were in another person's perspective. Would this beginning paragraph be interesting to me? Also remember, the first draft is never perfect. You always have time to edit it and make it better. So don't be too hard on yourself the first time. Recall books that you liked, how did they grab your attention? Try to incorporate that into your story without exactly imitating the author. That should get you started. :)
 

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 interesting comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

 
Copyright 2010 Le Dernier Mot